1. General information
In this data privacy statement, we, VEGA Grieshaber KG, (hereinafter “we”) will inform you about the processing of your personal data within the scope of your application for a job with us.
“Personal data” for the purposes of this statement means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
2. Controller as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
VEGA Grieshaber KG
Am Hohenstein 113
3. Our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com or at our postal address provided above, with the additional note “FAO Data Protection Officer”.
4. Purposes and legal bases for the collection and use of data
(1) We will only process personal data in order to process the application and to carry out the application procedure, or to do so in respect of other positions than that mentioned in the application which we deem appropriate according to the stated qualifications.
(2) Only persons who are involved in the application procedure as per their duties shall have access to personal application data. We treat your personal data with the strictest confidentiality. We will not transfer your data to a third country unless you yourself are in a third country or if you apply for a position with an affiliated company based in a third country.
(3) The personal data you provide will be used to assess your suitability for the position to be filled. If any significant data are missing, this may under some circumstances mean you cannot be considered for the position.
(4) In the event of an unsuccessful application, we will retain the personal data for up to two years in order to be able to access it for future vacancies, if you have given your express and separate consent to this (revocable at any time) after receiving a rejection.
(5) The legal basis for the processing of personal application data described above is GDPR Article 6(1)(f) and Article 88 and Section 26 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
In this respect, our legitimate interest is in the efficiency of the application process.
(6) If you have given us your consent to consider your personal data for other future vacancies, the legal basis is GDPR Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7.
5. Your rights as data subject
(1) In accordance with the applicable provisions, you have the following rights with regard to the personal data concerning you under the relevant statutory conditions:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object against the processing,
- Right to data portability,
- Right to revoke any consent given with future effect.
You will not incur any costs in exercising these rights.
(2) You may contact the competent data protection supervisory authority to lodge any complaints concerning the processing of your personal data.
6. Withdrawal of consent given and objection to data processing
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time with future effect.
(2) If we have based the processing of your personal data on a balancing of the parties' interests as provided for by law (e.g. GDPR Article 6(1)(f)), you may object to the processing of your personal data.
(3) You may object by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact details provided in our trading details. Please state the subject of your objection.
7. Duration of processing
We will delete data once the storage is no longer necessary for the stated purpose of the processing. If deletion is contrary to statutory retention obligations or if we require the data to pursue or defend legal claims or to fulfil statutory obligations, we will restrict the use of the data accordingly.
8. Automated decision-making
No automated decision-making including profiling is performed.
VEGA Grieshaber KG
As at: 25.05.2018