Q. What are my licensing and paperwork requirements?
A. Different countries have different licensing requirements for radiation-based technology. In the United States, you can take receipt of a source holder under a General License by completing a PIR (Possessor Identification Record) form and sending it back to a VEGA Americas licensing specialist, or by obtaining a Specific License through the Nuclear Regulatory Commission or an Agreement State. In Canada, you are required to be approved and licensed by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Committee (CNSC). 

Q. Is it difficult to get a license to use radiation-based technology?
A. Not at all. We're happy to assist you in preparing and submitting your application for a corporate license to the appropriate licensing agency. We'll also train your personnel and set up your company’s nuclear procedures.

Q. Do our technicians need to be licensed Radiation Safety Officers?
A. Not necessarily. Your company's technicians should be trained on radiation safety principles and should follow site-approved procedures regarding nuclear radiation devices. However, specific licenses (typically those that authorize the possession and use of byproduct material)  require a company to have a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) in charge of the site’s nuclear program and procedures.