Biogas plants convert a mixture of organic waste and renewable raw materials into valuable energy through fermentation using a largely CO2 neutral process. In addition to animal manure, large amounts of organic waste from agriculture and industry are also used for this purpose. Up to 50% corn silage or other renewable raw materials can also be mixed in as an additional energy source. Optimal consumption of the resources and maintenance-free operation require the use of highly reliable measurement technology. In all production steps – from the delivery of raw materials and waste to the removal of residues – the levels must be closely and accurately monitored.
VEGAPULS WL 61
Non-contact level measurement with radar in the slurry tank of a biogas plant.
- Radar measurement is completely independent of ambient conditions
- Non-contact measurement allows maintenance-free operation
- Simple mounting reduces installation costs
Hydrostatic level measurement with submersible pressure transmitter with FEP suspension cable
- High durability ensures long service life
- Hydrostatic measurement independent of surface foam
- Simple setup and commissioning reduces costs