“Personal data” for the purposes of this statement means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
2. The controller within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
VEGA Grieshaber KG
Am Hohenstein 113
3. Contact details of our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address provided above, with the additional note “FAO Data Protection Officer”.
4. Legal basis for the collection and use of data
(1) We will only collect and use your personal data if we are permitted to do so on the basis of a statutory provision or your consent.
(2) The legal basis for the necessary processing of personal data of our contractual partners for the performance of contracts is GDPR Article 6(1)(b). If personal data of third parties (e.g. of contact persons of our contractual partners) is processed, the legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6(1)(f) (safeguarding legitimate interests). If we process personal data on the basis of a statutory obligation, this is permitted according to GDRP Article 6(1)(c). If we process data for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests of the data subject, this is permitted according to GDPR Article 6(1)(f). We will mention the applicable legal basis for each use in the following.
(3) If we process data on the basis of your consent, this consent is the legal basis for the processing according to GDPR Article 6(1)(a); such consent can be revoked at any time and implimented for all future communications.
5. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) Data concerned
If you only visit our website in order to inform yourself of the content, we may collect the personal information listed below, which is transmitted to our server by your browser:
- IP address
- Date and time of enquiry
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data quantity transmitted
- Website, from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
- Language and version of browser software.
The collection of this data is necessary for the display of the website and to ensure stability and security.
When you visit our website, cookies will be saved to your computer. Cookies are small text files saved to your hard drive which are associated with the browser you use and through which we receive certain information. Cookies cannot execute any programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make our Internet presence more user-friendly and more effective.
You can configure your browser settings as you wish, for instance, to refuse specific or all cookies. This may, however, mean that you cannot use all the functions of the website.
The cookies currently used, together with a more detailed description of their function and duration, can be found here.
(3) Web storage
Our website also uses web storage (also known as DOM storage) technology. You can find details on this here.
(4) The legal basis for the above processing operations is GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
6. Processing of personal information when making contact via our contact form on the website and, if applicable, negotiating and concluding contracts.
(1) If you contact us with questions via the contact form integrated on our website, we will save and use the personal information you provide (e.g. e-mail address, possibly also name, telephone number or address of contact person designated to us) in order to answer your questions. The legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
(2) If a contract or order is negotiated, or contracts are concluded and performed on the basis of such a contact, we will process any personal data collected via this contact for these further purposes. The legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6(1)(b) or GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
7. E-mail newsletter
(1) If we offer e-mail newsletters, you will receive our newsletter if you have given us your consent via the user interface provided. In the newsletter, you will receive interesting information about the product and services we offer.
(2) We use the double opt-in procedure for consent to our newsletter. After your registration, we will also send an e-mail to the e-mail address provided asking you to confirm that you have consented to receiving the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, we will delete the information provided when requesting the newsletter, unless you have provided us with this information for other purposes (e.g. to make contact, to respond to questions or within the context of contracts to be performed) and we still need this information for these other purposes. We will also store your IP address and time point of registration and confirmation, so that we can provide evidence of your registration and resolve any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) You are only required to provide your e-mail address in order to receive the newsletter. The separate entry of your name is optional and is only used to provide a personal greeting in the newsletter.
(4) After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter
(5) You can revoke your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time with future effect and unsubscribe from the newsletter, for instance, by clicking on the link provided in the newsletter, by e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact details provided in our trading details.
8. Online applications for vacancies
(1) If we enable online applications via our website, we will only process the personal data stated there in order to process the application and to carry out the application procedure, or to do so in respect of other positions than that mentioned in the application which we deem appropriate according to the stated qualifications.
(2) We are only able to consider online applications where the mandatory fields provided in the user interface have been completed. Any other information is optional. The provision of special types of personal data, such as on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, data concerning health, pregnancy or sex life is unlawful and will not be processed by us.
(3) Only persons who are involved in the application procedure as per their duties shall have access to personal application data. We treat your personal data with the strictest confidentiality.
(4) In the event of an unsuccessful online application, we will retain personal data for up to two years in order to be able to access it for future vacancies, if you have given your express and separate consent (revocable at any time) after receiving a rejection.
(5) You may object to the processing of your personal data at any time. In the event of an objection, we will delete all data provided in the online application.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of personal application data described above is GDPR Article 6(1)(f) and Section 26 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
9. Other functions and services on our website (e.g. myVEGA)
10. Web analysis services
In order to analyse the behaviour of users of our website, we use the following web analysis services on the legal basis of GDPR Article 6(1)(f) and hereby provide the following information:
(1) Google Analytics
(b) The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
(c) You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the corresponding setting in your browser software. However, please note that you may not be able to use all the functions on this website if you choose this option. You can also prevent Google's collection and use of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address), as well as the processing of this data, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(d) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". so that only your shortened IP address is processed. This excludes the possibility of identifying specific persons. If the data concerning you collected allows identification, this will be immediately excluded and the personal data thus immediately deleted.
(e) We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyse the use of our website and regularly improve it. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as the user. In the exceptional case where personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is a signatory to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(g) This website also uses Google Analytics to perform a cross-device analysis of visitor traffic for a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your use in your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data”.
(2) Google Ads and Google Conversion Tracking
(a) This website may use Google AdWords. AdWords is an online advertising program provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
(b ) Within the framework of Google AdWords, we use conversion tracking. If you click on an ad delivered by Google, a cookie for the conversion tracking will be set. Cookies are small text files stored on the user’s computer by the Internet browser. These cookies expire after 30 days and do not serve to personally identify the user. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we are able to recognise that the user has clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page.
(c) Every Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. The cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. The information obtained with the help of the conversion cookie serves to create conversion statistics for AdWords customers that have opted for conversion tracking. The customers see the total number of users that clicked on their advertisement and were forwarded to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that could be used to personally identify the user. If you do not wish to participate in tracking, you can object to this use by simply disabling the Google conversion tracking cookie under the user settings in your Internet browser. You will then not be included in the conversion tracking statistics.
(d) The storage of conversion cookies takes place on the basis of GDPR Article 6(1)(f). The website operator has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user behaviour in order to optimise both its website and its advertising.
(3) Google Ads Remarketing
(a) We use the remarketing function within the Google Ads service. With the remarketing function, we can present users of our website with advertisements based on their interests on other websites within the Google advertising network (in Google Search or on YouTube, "Google Ads" or on other websites). For this purpose, the interaction of users on our website is analysed, e.g. which offers the user was interested in, in order to be able to display targeted advertising to users on other sites even after they have visited our website. For this purpose, Google stores cookies on the end devices of users who visit certain Google services or websites in the Google display network. The visits of these users are recorded via these cookies. The cookies are used to uniquely identify a web browser on a particular end device and not to identify a person
(b) You can find more information on privacy at Google at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy
(4) Google Tag Manager
(a) This website uses Google Tag Manager as part of Google AdWords and Google Conversion Tracking. Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows marketers to manage website tags from one interface. The tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not collect any personal data. The tool triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If this is deactivated at domain or cookie level, this remains in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
(b) Further information on Google Tag Manger can be found at https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/
(5) LinkedIn Insights Tag
(a) We also use conversion tracking on our website with LinkedIn Insights Tag, a tool of LinkedIn Ireland, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. For this purpose, the LinkedIn Insight tag is integrated on our website and a cookie is set on your device by LinkedIn. LinkedIn is informed that you have visited our website and your IP address is collected. Timestamps and events such as page views are also stored. This enables us to statistically evaluate the use of our website in order to constantly optimise it. We learn, for example, which LinkedIn ad or interaction on LinkedIn brought you to our website. This allows us to better control how our ads are displayed.
(b) For more information on Conversion Tracking, see https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/67595/linkedin-conversion-trackingubersicht
(d) You can prevent LinkedIn from analysing your usage behaviour and from displaying interest-based recommendations at https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
(6) Sitecore und Sitecore Analytics
(a) We use Sitecore Analytics to analyse the website. This software only evaluates server data. This data is the same as that described in section 5 "Collection of personal data when visiting the website".
(b) The statistics obtained allow us to improve our service and make it more interesting for you as the user. The legal basis for the use of Sitecore Analytics is GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
(c) Only server data is used for this evaluation. This includes the data mentioned in section 5 "Collection of personal data when visiting the website". We store the information collected in this way exclusively on a server in Germany.
(7) Analysis services of Baidu Analytics
(a) We use Baidu Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Baidu Analytics generates statistical and other information about the use of the website using cookies that are stored on users' computers. The information generated in relation to our website is used to generate reports on the use of our website, which are stored by Baidu. If the above information is used for purposes other than those stated, your prior consent is required.
(b) We have taken security measures to prevent unauthorised access to your data. However, you should also acknowledge that we cannot control the transmission of data via electronic communication facilities by third parties, including the Internet. Therefore, under no circumstances do we accept liability for any breach of security or unauthorised disclosure or use of such data caused by third parties on the Internet. You can set your browser to refuse to accept cookies and Baidu Analytics, but this may prevent you from making full use of the website services.
11. Embedding of YouTube videos
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos in our website, which are http://www.YouTube.com and can be replayed directly on our website. These are all integrated in the “extended data protection mode”, which means that no data concerning you as the user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only if you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transferred. We have no control over this data transfer.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube will be informed that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. The data mentioned in point 3 of this paragraph will also be transferred. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or if there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be associated directly to your account. If you do not wish your profile to be associated by YouTube, you must log out before pressing the button. YouTube will save your data as a usage profile and use it for purposes of advertising, market research and/or to configure the website according to demand. Such an analysis takes place (even for users not logged in) in order to deliver demand-oriented advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the formation of this user profile, but must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(4) The legal basis for this use is GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
12. Withdrawal of consent given and objection to data processing
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future.
(2) If we have based the processing of your personal data on a balancing of the parties' interests as provided for by law (e.g. GDPR Article 6(1)(f)), you may object to the processing of your personal data. You may object at any time with regard to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis, and also if the processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract or the provision of a specific service or order which you request.
(3) You may object by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact details provided in our trading details. Please state the subject of your objection.
13. Duration of processing
We will delete data once the storage is no longer necessary for the purpose of the stated processing. If deletion is contrary to statutory retention obligations or if we require the data to pursue or defend legal claims or to fulfil statutory obligations, we will restrict the use of the data accordingly.
15. Your rights as data subject
(1) In accordance with the applicable data protection provisions, you have the following rights with regard to the personal data concerning you under the relevant statutory conditions:
- Right to information,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object against the processing,
- Right to data portability,
- Right to revoke any consent given with future effect.
You will not incur any costs in exercising these rights.
(2) You may contact the competent data protection supervisory authority to lodge any complaints concerning the processing of your personal data.
VEGA Grieshaber KG