In this data privacy statement, we, VEGA Grieshaber KG, (hereinafter “we”) will inform you about the processing of personal data you provide us with when contacting us or within the scope of a business transaction.
“Personal data” for the purposes of this statement means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
2. Controller as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
VEGA Grieshaber KG
Am Hohenstein 113
3. Contact details of our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com or at our postal address provided above, with the additional note “FAO Data Protection Officer”.
4. Your rights as data subject
(1) In accordance with the applicable data protection provisions, you have the following rights with regard to the personal data concerning you under the relevant statutory conditions:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or deletion
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object against the processing,
- Right to data portability,
- Right to revoke any consent given with future effect.
You will not incur any costs in exercising these rights.
(2) You may contact the competent data protection supervisory authority to lodge any complaints concerning the processing of your personal data.
5. Legal bases for the collection and use of data
(1) We will only collect and use your personal data if we are permitted to do so on the basis of a statutory provision or your consent.
(2) The legal basis for the necessary processing of personal data for the performance of contracts is GDPR Article 6(1)(b). If we process personal data on the basis of a statutory obligation, this is permitted according to GDRP Article 6(1)(c). If we process data for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests of the data subject, this is permitted according to GDPR of Article 6(1)(f). We will mention the applicable legal basis for each use in the following.
(3) The lawfulness of data usage on the basis of consent derives from GDRP Article 6(1)(a) and Article 7.
6. Processing of personal datawhen being contacted as a potential customer or customer
(1) Data concerned
If you are interested in our products and contact us in writing, by telephone, by email or in person, we will collect the following information provided, which may be personal:
- Company address
- Contact details
- Position in the company
- Products and topics you are interested in
- Requirements for our products which are important to you
The purpose of data processing is to find out your requirements in order to offer you customised products and services.
(2) The legal basis for the above processing operations is GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
(3) Our legitimate interests are in acquiring you as a customer and maintaining a long-term business relationship.
(4) If a contract or order is negotiated, or contracts are concluded and performed on the basis of such a contact, we will process any personal data collected via this contact for these further purposes. The legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6(1)(b).
(5) Furthermore, we will also use the postal address of your company and the name of a contact person provided when contacting us in order to send you interesting information about the products and services we offer by addressed direct mail. The legal basis for this is GDPR Article 6(1)(f). Such direct mail does not require prior consent according to the law (German Fair Trade Practices Act) (Gesetz gegen unlauteren Wettbewerb, UWG), S. 7. You may object to the sending of such mail at any time with future effect (see also Section 13(2) of this data privacy statement).
7. Recipients of the personal data
We will only use your data internally and will only transfer it to other companies if we commission these with the fulfilment of a service, such as sending dispatches, or as part of a credit check for a purchase agreement or when supplying products.
8. Revocation of consent given and objection to data processing
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time with future effect.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the pursuit of our interests as provided for by law (e.g. GDPR Article 6(1)(f), you may object to the processing of your personal data. You may object at any time with regard to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis, and also if the processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract or the provision of a specific service or order which you request.
(3) You may object by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact details provided in our trading details. Please state the subject of your objection.
9. Duration of processing
We will delete data once the storage is no longer necessary for the purpose of the stated processing. If deletion is contrary to statutory retention obligations or if we require the data to pursue or defend legal claims or to fulfil statutory obligations, we will restrict the use accordingly.
VEGA Grieshaber KG
As at: 17.05.2018