Measuring principles for pressure measurement
In a nutshell: Pressure instrumentation
The pressure of the measured medium deflects the diaphragm on a pressure transmitter's measuring cell, which then converts it into an electronic signal. The measuring range extends from very low pressures from 0 to 25 mbar up to extreme pressures of up to 1,000 bar at process temperatures from -20 to +400 °C.
How does that work? VEGA has developed a variety of measuring cells that are specially adapted to specific measurement conditions:
- Ceramic-capacitive CERTEC® measuring cell with either absolutely front-flush or recessed diaphragm
- Chemical seal system is for decoupling the transmitter away from high temperatures or aggressive media
- Differential pressure measuring cell: Piezoresistive metallic measuring cell with integrated overload diaphragm
- Metallic measuring cells
What types of pressure measurement are there?
The following measurement tasks can be accomplished with pressure measurement technology:
- Process pressure measurement
- Hydrostatic pressure measurement for level monitoring
- Differential pressure measurement for determining pressure, level, volume, density and flow rate
Which pressure transmitter is the right one depends on where it is to be used. We’re happy to assist you in finding the most suitable pressure measurement technology for your application.
What are the advantages of pressure measurement technology from VEGA?
What requirements must pressure transmitters meet?
Safety and efficiency always have top priority in complex processes. In order to achieve the highest quality and productivity, pressure measurement technologies must be capable of meeting the wide-ranging requirements of different industries.
VEGA has the right pressure transmitter for every application:
- Temperature shock compensation: Measuring results unaffected by rapid temperature changes
- Extremely small measuring ranges: very high measurement accuracy from 25 mbar and up
- Ceramic measuring cell for pressures up to +100 bar: front-flush mounting, even with abrasive media
- Electronic differential pressure: A differential pressure system can be set up with any sensor pairing from the VEGABAR 80 series
- Second Line of Defense: absolutely gas-tight, encapsulated process module
Pressure transmitters from VEGA can also be used in these areas:
- Hazardous zones and safety-related systems up to SIL2 or SIL3 in redundancy
- Chemically aggressive media
- Strict hygienic applications in the food and pharmaceutical industries, with fully certified materials and process fittings